The Centre's Aims
• To act as a resource for research and education on global issues.
• To influence policy and decision-makers with respect to development education.
• To encourage the use of development education methodologies to bring about change at a local and global level.
• To support the ongoing work of groups / organisations that foster social and economic equality at a local and global level.
• To liaise and network with relevant agencies and groups.
The Centre’s Strategic Goals
1. Connecting with Communities – to maintain durable and strong relationships with local communities that enable people to develop awareness and understanding of global poverty issues and work toward positive social action
2. Networking with Partners – to sustain a mutually beneficial network of partnerships with organisations that share our values and support our work on global poverty issues
3. Researching Practice – to influence debate on the practice of development education by documenting and disseminating learning we acquire through our work
4. Advocating Policy Change – to create positive change for development education at a policy level
5. Sustaining Performance – to ensure that that the Centre sustains the conditions for attitudinal change among those with whom we work to effect action on global poverty issues.